The top five were close in points:
PAUL-JON PATIN – 98
TED FERRARONE – 94
PEDRO LORSON – 92
SIMON STRAUSS – 89
JAY RHAME- 88
The Mass Bay and Tally Cup were cancelled this year so the challenge was calculated base on the New Years, Midwinters, Stanley Bell and Nationals results.
The 2013-14 Wharf Rat Challenge schedule is attached – please distribute to your respective fleets. There should be a large number of qualifiers this year — looking forward to resuming Interclub racing in a couple of weeks — hope everyone has had a good summer.
2013-14 Wharf Rat Challenge schedule
Leg 4 of the Wharf Rat Challenge is in the books after the 2013 Stanley Bell Regatta. Only two more Wharf Rat events remaining: the Tally Cup in 2 weeks in Winthrop, and the Nationals next month (Apr. 13-14) in Annapolis.
2013 Results (to date)
The Wharf Rat results have been tabulated through the Midwinters with Pual-Jon Patin and Pedo Lorson tied.
The next leg of the Wharf Rat is also at LYC — March 9-10 for the Stanley Bell Memorial Regatta followed by the Tally Cup in Winthrop on March 23-24, and the IC Nationals in Annapolis April 13-14.
Results to Date
To create more competition, enthusiasm, and participation at InterClub regattas Heidi and Steve Benjamin deeded two new trophies in 2006 called The Wharf Rat Challenge and the Wharf Rat Challenge/Top Team From Larchmont.
Scoring for the Wharf Rat Challenge to be based on results in six events in 2012/2013:
- Mass. Bay Championship: December 8, 2012 (Cottage Park YC, Winthrop, MA)
- New Years Regatta: December 30, 2012 and January 1, 2013 (no racing Dec. 31)
- Manhasset Bay YC, Port Washington, NY)
- Midwinters: January 26-27, 2013 (Larchmont YC, Larchmont NY)
- Stanley Bell Memorial Regatta: March 9-10, 2013 (Larchmont YC, Larchmont, NY)
- Tally Cup/Marty Bowl: March 23 – 24, 2013 (Cottage Park YC, Winthrop, MA)
- Nationals: April 13-14, 2013 (Severn Sailing Association, Eastport, MD)
- Scoring is the sum of the three best scores (high point wins), with the Nationals mandatory.
- If there is a tie, the Team with the best score at the Nationals wins.
- All events scored 30 points for first, 29 second, 28 third and so on, except Nationals scored
- 40 points for first, 39 second, 38 third and so on.
- Midwinters score may be from A or B division.
- Scoring for an event not attended still to count at 00 points.
- Scoring to be by skipper, not boat.
- Wharf Rat Trophy to be presented at the National Championship prize awards, awards for top 3 overall in standings.
- The Best Team From Larchmont will be determined as the Larchmont Team with the highest points score in the Wharf Rat Challenge. Trophy to be presented at the Larchmont Fleet
- Annual Prize Awards