The top five were close in points:
PAUL-JON PATIN – 98
TED FERRARONE – 94
PEDRO LORSON – 92
SIMON STRAUSS – 89
JAY RHAME- 88
The Mass Bay and Tally Cup were cancelled this year so the challenge was calculated base on the New Years, Midwinters, Stanley Bell and Nationals results.
Leg 4 of the Wharf Rat Challenge is in the books after the 2013 Stanley Bell Regatta. Only two more Wharf Rat events remaining: the Tally Cup in 2 weeks in Winthrop, and the Nationals next month (Apr. 13-14) in Annapolis.
2013 Results (to date)
The Wharf Rat results have been tabulated through the Midwinters with Pual-Jon Patin and Pedo Lorson tied.
The next leg of the Wharf Rat is also at LYC — March 9-10 for the Stanley Bell Memorial Regatta followed by the Tally Cup in Winthrop on March 23-24, and the IC Nationals in Annapolis April 13-14.
To create more competition, enthusiasm, and participation at InterClub regattas Heidi and Steve Benjamin deeded two new trophies in 2006 called The Wharf Rat Challenge and the Wharf Rat Challenge/Top Team From Larchmont.
Scoring for the Wharf Rat Challenge to be based on results in six events in 2012/2013:
- Mass. Bay Championship: December 8, 2012 (Cottage Park YC, Winthrop, MA)
- New Years Regatta: December 30, 2012 and January 1, 2013 (no racing Dec. 31)
- Manhasset Bay YC, Port Washington, NY)
- Midwinters: January 26-27, 2013 (Larchmont YC, Larchmont NY)
- Stanley Bell Memorial Regatta: March 9-10, 2013 (Larchmont YC, Larchmont, NY)
- Tally Cup/Marty Bowl: March 23 – 24, 2013 (Cottage Park YC, Winthrop, MA)
- Nationals: April 13-14, 2013 (Severn Sailing Association, Eastport, MD)
- Scoring is the sum of the three best scores (high point wins), with the Nationals mandatory.
- If there is a tie, the Team with the best score at the Nationals wins.
- All events scored 30 points for first, 29 second, 28 third and so on, except Nationals scored
- 40 points for first, 39 second, 38 third and so on.
- Midwinters score may be from A or B division.
- Scoring for an event not attended still to count at 00 points.
- Scoring to be by skipper, not boat.
- Wharf Rat Trophy to be presented at the National Championship prize awards, awards for top 3 overall in standings.
- The Best Team From Larchmont will be determined as the Larchmont Team with the highest points score in the Wharf Rat Challenge. Trophy to be presented at the Larchmont Fleet
- Annual Prize Awards